Tuesday, 3 July 2012
Dan's Top 5: Getting into sports
Welcome to the second round of Dan's Top 5! This week, Dan shares his Top 5 tips for people who want to get into sports.
1. Don't be afraid to try new things: When you're just starting out, try more than just one sport. Doing this will expose you to many different areas, and you could end up being really passionate about something you never thought you would.
2. Choose something you enjoy: When you do choose a sport, make sure that it is something that you enjoy. Because you're going to be spending a lot of time doing something and if you don't like what you're doing, you're never going to feel as satisfied.
3. Set yourself realistic targets & goals: It's very important to be practical when you're setting your targets. Setting goals that you don't have a realistic chance of achieving can cause you to lose both time and morale.
4. Be prepared to work hard: A strong will is just as important as being physically fit. There will be times when you'll have to really push yourself and go the extra mile when you least feel like it, so make sure that you're ready to commit to that,
5. Get a strong support system: When you're starting something new, there will be times when you need a confidence boost. Friends and family are incredibly important for this, so surround yourself with people who want the best for you.
These tips have helped me to get by, so I hope they do the same for you!