Thursday 3 June 2010

Dan predicts early return from injury

In an interview this morning with BBC Radio Northampton Daniel spoke about how pleased he was with his recovery so far.

"I can't say for definite but I hope to be back in six months. My knee is going to heal perfectly and it might be even better," he said.

"With the right rehab, it could be a lot stronger than it was before. I had a bad injury in 2006 and I overcame it, so I know what to expect and how to keep positive."

Currently recovering from surgery on his anterior cruciate ligament after a fall in a training session after the Europeans, Daniel is taking the time out to focus on some of the routines that include upper body strength.

"It gives me time to improve pieces like my rings and high bar. I can push my conditioning because I don't have any competitions coming up."

Read Daniel's latest blog entry on the Opus Energy Challenge website. This week...he met with 8 year old gymnast Zoe Parker, who won a competition to train with Dan and attend the European Championships.

No comments:

Post a Comment